Tuesday 5 October 2010

Shot Buzzard update.

The shot Buzzard from Nidderdale was sat high up this morning in her confined shed. She has been here 22 days. Her shotgun shot wounds to the leg are healed and clean. She has eaten well and remained as calm as a wild bird can be in close confinement.

I moved her over this morning to bigger quarters and hopefully she will not bat about making her damaged flight feathers any worse.
She is perched high up this afternoon and is flying from perch to perch. So things are looking good for her.
I'm searching for a good , safe and suitable habitat to release her in. She can't go back to Nidderdale , I'm told its bandit country for birds of prey up there.
Hopefully she will go on to lead the wild life she was intended for.

I've rescued cynets off the A64 and the main Pickering road, picked up hedgehogs from drains and released
a Tawny ,  Heron and a Sparrowhawk.  
I looked after a domestic pet pet rabbit that was found wandering on the main Beverley Road , some girls came looking for him and Mr. Snuggles went safely home , I like a happy ending !

No comments:

Post a Comment