Monday 2 February 2015

Raptor Rescue data for 2014

I am an Accredited Raptor Rescue Rehabilitator and at the end of every year they ask for information on birds of prey cared for in the last year. I cared for 99 injured birds ,43 Tawny Owls, 19 Barn Owls, 11 Buzzards,9 Sparrowhawks,8 Little Owls,7 Kestrels, 1 Peregrine and 1 Red Kite. 53 birds of prey were ringed and released back to the wild. I strive for better but wonderful to know over half were released back to
lead a wild life. I have had a run on rta Tawny Owls , all found by roads ,concussed and quiet. I've 2 here doing well, eating and on the up. I am caring for a shot kestrel with a badly broken leg, his leg was pinned by Mark Naguib , vet and we are hopeful for a good out come, early days yet. Which moron decided it was a good idea to shotgun shoot this bird is beyond me. Humberside Police and RSPB are investigating. The persecution of birds of prey continues. I have 3 buzzard persecution cases on the go and will tell all when I'm able. Please look out and report in to me, police or rspb if you are aware of any wildlife crime, we will all do our very best to address it.
The little Kestrels xray with shattered leg, now pinned, shotgun pellets near the collar bone.

No comments:

Post a Comment